Saturday 27 September 2014

Boot Camp Pt 2

Jo Slater starts with a reasonable-sounding Desperado but mel kicks him out pretty smartly.

Bre Musiq has a strange name but one we'd remember. That was average too. So he doesn't get a look in either.

Ben Quinlan is a cheery Irishman but he's way off-key. Awful. Interesting start to the programme. 'Brutal' says Dermot and even Simon seems a bit surprised. I guess they've set things up this way for better TV.

Jake Quickenden has been here before and I can almost guarantee he'll get through. He does a great job of this audition with A Thousand Years or whatever it was called. He'd rehearsed that well and made sure he would do a good job. I'm pretty sure he has some experience and that showed. Mel dragged out giving him that first seat a bit.

Jordan Morris I didn't remember from before. He was a bit all over the place and I should imagine he'll get the next seat. Yes, he does. Not sure how long he'll stay there.

Danny Dearden did a good job and is number three in the seats.

Geoff Mull is the bald one who looks a lot more than 25 but I didn't rate him. he gets in but I'm not sure how long for.

Charlie Martinez is from the States and is the good-looking one. He did a good job and gets a seat. They may keep him for his appearance - although his singing was pretty reasonable and on par with most we've seen. To be honest they're all much of a muchness and I do not see a potential winner here at all.

Charlie Brown was one of the early favourites. He's another that looks well past 25 but there you go. Must be the new fashion and styles. But there's a problem with tuning - he's way off-key and that was not very good. In fact he was so poor in comparison with what had gone before that you have to wonder whether that wasn't arranged in advance for him to do not so well in exchange for a deal that he'd get a seat. I should't think that. Anyway, he gets a seat.

Jack Walton now is looking at a full set of seats so he has to kick someone out. He will. that was far better than most that went before. Good audition. He gets his place and the American's out. I think I could have predicted that although I don't feel it was deserved. Mel has always struggled with that guy. I would have got rid of Geoff.

Hayden Leeman is the first to do a rock track. I Love Rock 'n Roll is an odd track. He's different but, as Simon said, that wasn't a great performance. I'd put him through in place of Geoff or Jordan as he is more identifiable but whether he gets to the Live Shows is in doubt. He may still get swapped out again, of course.

Amazingly, he takes Charlie Brown's seat. I wasn't expecting that either. That throws my idea of a fix out of the window!

Andrea Faustini sings I Didn't Know My Own Strength. He is a bit odd. Lovely chap. Great voice. He is talented and I guess Mel B has no choice but to put him through. He'll be entertaining and, unlike most of the previous 'entertainers' in the Live Shows, he can sing. There were places where I felt he was in another time and I'm not sure he'll fit the way the programme goes but we'll see. He'll be in and a 'normal' guy will be out. I hope he gets a seat if only to remove one of the average ones. She kicks Hayden out. I can see him being popular with the voters too and, although I'm not sure how he'll handle some of the more modern rounds nor can I actually see him selling albums to the young generation other than 32 year old grannies, it'll be an interesting few weeks while he's around. Justa s long as he doesn't

There's one left and I think Paul Akister will get a seat. He's one of the best singers we've heard. He's been close before and I see him getting close again. I do hope she gets rid of someone average. He's in. The crowd keep telling her to get rid of Geoff. She seems to have ignored them all this time but this time she goes along with them. At last.

I still feel there are some in her group who don't really deserve to be there but as long as the right three hit the Live Shows - or four as one can be brought in by the others then that's OK.

Kiesla performs well if briefly. Simon gives her a seat. I'm not sure about her. She just appears for a few seconds and that's it. Weird.

Scarlett is worried about the words. The audience are so rude. I'm sure someone is goading them. She forgets the words and is left looking very sad. Simon really hasn't any choice. If she messes up like that and doesn't have a back-up plan then so be it.

Ben Haynow is the singing Croydon van driver. Nice chap. He should be fine and my guess is that he is doing a track he's done before. He rocks a great track. Hotel California sounded better the way he did it than the Eagles' version. Really liked that. One of the best I've seen in any of this year's selections.

Raign sings Wicked Game. It's pretty good actually but she isn't the best looking girl in the show and Cheryl really doesn't like her at all. Mel B found it strange. Didn't do anything for Cheryl. Louis loves her. I can see Simon giving her a seat. For a while, I would hope. Who knows? She could become something of a cult if she stays in tune and picks the right numbers.

Stevi Ritchie is surprised that he's still there. He stumbles through I Had The Time Of My Life and has a lot of fun pulling some bird out of the audience. He is a classic Louis Walsh act but really can't sing and Simon surely has to get rid of him. For now he gives him a seat but there's no way he'll be a contender. he can't really sing and will just get known for daddy dancing. God, he'd be worse than Baloney.

Janet Grogan sings Crazy. That wasn't so good but the judges liked her. Everyone gets a seat.

Lizzy Pattison. Nice Wicked Game again but she does the Chris Isaak track straight. Good voice, she's in.

Jay James is someone I don't remember. He has silly trousers and sings a very clever version of the Coldplay number. At least I think it was a Coldplay number. Very passionate and he certainly deserves a seat. Clearly, Stevi has to go. But it's a 'watch this space' moment. Or day, as that's not revealed until Part 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment