Sunday 1 November 2015

The Top 11

We learn that two will be leaving tonight. I always feel that the contestants need longer to get their potential supporters on board than just a week or even two weeks and would have no ejections until week 3 or thereabouts. However, if the first two to go are not favourites of mine then I shall not moan about them going!

The sing-a-long is a 1D song Perfect and, as always, you get to see who is comfortable, who stands out and who merges into the background. Louisa almost took it over at times but fair dues to Kiera who defended her style well. Mason looked just plain embarrassed and really I felt for him. Most just looked a bit silly.

I have no real idea how the votes will go but I would imagine Bupsi is a definite to go now but I don't know who'll join her. It won't be Seann, Alien Uncovered, 4th Impact, Louisa or Lauren. That leaves Max, who I feel will make it through, Anton, who won't go yet, Mason, Che, Kiera, Bollie and Reggie or whatever they're called and Monica. Having just brought her back, I can't see the producers letting Monica suffer by going first whatever the votes amount to. Mason is a bit vulnerable but Che is less comfortable-looking on the stage, however good his voice may be. The Ghana pair are fun but, like Kiera, didn't come across as well as they ought to have done. I give them a slight edge over Kiera this week. So, if I am anywhere near right, Che and Kiera may be singing off for 11th place and a chance to improve their lot next week.

Little Mix put on a super show with a genuinely live performance of their latest single mixed up with Black Magic. Four years on and they are proving to be one of the biggest X Factor successes now. Four good singers.

Ellie Goulding follows. They're getting some impressive acts on this show. Her digital backdrop to her performance is fascinating and she is very watchable anyway. Add a few copies and you can't take your eyes off the screen!

Che, Reggie & Bollie are the first two announced as safe! That shows how poor my predictions were! Louisa and Seann are safely through. God, it would have been crazy if they hadn't made it. Max makes it. I did get that right. Lauren, Anton and Mason are safe. 4th Impact and Monica complete the Top 10.

Leaving in 13th place is Bupsi, as I had imagined. 12th is between Kiera, my prediction, and Alien Uncovered. I am surprised to see Alien Uncovered there but this often happens in the first weeks, groups having more trouble identifying with anyone in voting land and Alien, in particular, have lots of members and, whilst some look pretty cool and sound very good, I don't really think I'd recognise them in the street whereas I would the others. 4th Impact have actually done a great job in getting themselves into our psyche, helped by the producers to no small extent, but also with their bubbly personalities. Kiera may well pull a good solo out of the bag - she is perfectly capable of doing that and survive but, before they start I would expect her to be the one leaving.

Alien's song was Pressure and, boy, did they put a lot into that! A nice performance and very modern, today. Very cool. In complete contrast, Kiera does REM's Everybody Hurts. I don't think she could have come up with a better effort to stay in the show. Very good. How could they vote her off? But then, Alien deserve to stay too. It'll be between Simon and Nick and I feel that they will save one each, leaving it to public votes. I fear Kiera will still go, though.

No, both Nick and Simon decide to save Kiera. She's safe and will be back next week. Alien Uncovered should not be going home before Reggie & Bollie or several others. I suspect Cheryl could have done a lot with them. Never mind. That's X Factor for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment