Sunday 2 October 2016

Top 3 Groups for The Live Shows

Louis has the groups and is assisted by Alysha Dixon and what appears to be a very overdressed Fleur. Everyone else is in Ibiza-wear on what looks like a hot and relaxed venue but Fleur East has this dark dress covering most of her and she just looks odd.

5AM are first to perform. They are really good. Modern, likeable and they are a band that I feel could easily make the charts today. I can't see them being easily dislodged from a potential place in the Live Shows.

Obviously they start off in 1st place and I'd expect them to stay there.


Next are Tom & Laura. They sing Up Where We belong. Nice singing but not as good as we've seen in earlier auditions and they don't seem to suit mainstream 2016 charts either. Pleasant but nothing great.

So they're 2nd for now.

Yes Lad are the Wild Card group brought back and they deserve to be here. Streets better than Tom & Laura, more relevant  and with some nice harmonies. Having said that, I d wonder whether they're not just a bit old style now. Sort of ideal for the 1990s but not 2016. They're OK. But that's is really and I wouldn't expect to see them winning this thing.

They take the 2nd slot though.

Bradley & Ottavio. Oh God. They sing Candy Man. Not as bad as I'd expected, to be fair. I do hope Louis doesn't go for the fun aspect, though, and choose them over a decent group who, in my view, are likely to survive long-term and deserve the chance this show offers more. They are better than Tom & Laura, though, in terms of an overall act for the show so they get 3rd place for now. They could, on that basis, make the Live Shows but I suspect they are at least two more bands to come who are a lot better.



Skarl3t are one. they were excellent at the last outing although we haven't seen a great deal of them so far in this series. They've been very professional so far. Their song is Hey Ya slowed down which starts well and sounds interesting. However, there are lots of bum notes, poor timing and that didn't work at all for me. I will put them in 3rd because they are definitely better than B&O but that was not impressive at all.

The Brooks are the pair of lads that have had a lot of publicity and good chat about them so far. This is their second try and they put on an excellent performance. I can see them being popular but I have to say that they're in no way exceptional. Again, just sort of OK. probably better than Yes Lad and so I put them in 2nd place, edging out Skarl3t.



Four Of Diamonds are the young girl band that have sort of sneaked up on us in this series. They are fout lovely characters, attractive too, and very likeable. Their Royals cover was superb and easily beat all the others' performances. I like them a lot and can see them doing well.

I put then 1st. So my choices are

Four Of Diamonds
5AM
The Brooks

But, of course, this is Louis Walsh. And, yes, you guessed it, he wants Bradley & Ottavio in the Live Shows. They take Four Of Diamonds place which I find really annoying but there you go. You sort of hope there'll be another Wild Card entry for the Live Shows and four Of Diamonds must deserve that chance. 

We also learn from Rylan later that the bands names have all changed! So those going through are:

Five After Midnight

The Brooks Way

Brattavia


No comments:

Post a Comment