Sunday 25 October 2015

Nick and Rita settle on the Top Girls and Boys

Nick reveals his choice of three Boys. It was dragged out so much, including two ad breaks.

Mason | Che | Seann

They certainly ramped up the pressure on that one, although my guess is that Seann was his natural first choice and most of that was all about entertainment. All three are good and will contribute to some good Live Shows. i don't see any going quickly.

In contrast, watching Simon with his three Overs reminded me of how silly Louis used to look with his Oldies, most of whom tended to go pretty quickly but some not as quickly as we might have liked.

Rita took the Girls to Los Angeles, the best gig of them all.  This is a good group this year but there are two who stand out for me: Louisa and Keira.

Havva is first up. She is a cheerful little thing, quite modern but she sounded as if she was struggling with the high notes in this audition. Her broken tone is fairly attractive but she just seems a bit amateur and in need of some training which could mean she'd struggle. Looks like she may not make it.

Monica Michael I don't like. Her hair style and big earrings are so annoying which, I know, have nothing to do with how she sings but it just puts me off. I feel she is here because of last year. She sings her own song about her brother which is quite a risk and may not have helped her chances, no matter how good it may be. It wasn't, to be honest. She isn't a songwriter. She sings well and has an interesting tone but I am not sure she'd be that popular. The story about her brother is sad but I wouldn't want her through just on that basis.

Chloe Paige is nicer all round. her slow version of Erasure's A Little Respect was great. Some crazy notes and the whole thing was virtually a capella and so impressive. I loved that and she did well but I am not sure Rita and Meghan Trainer will pick her. Pity, but I think she's not wanted.

Kiera has been consistently marvellous as the auditions and matched Whitney very well before. This was not so good this time but I am pretty sure she has Rita's vote anyway. It's odd how Chloe got put down and Kiera got put up.

Louisa is probably the prettiest contestant and has been the bookies' favourite for a while. She also does Respect but very different - the Aretha version is the one that comes through strongly. Quite a remarkable performance and easily beating the others into several cocked hats. Nice job. She's in. No question.

Lauren could get a place. It's her or Monica. I'd give it to her anyway. A good voice and nice personality and someone who I think could be relied on to perform well on Live Shows. That was a far better performance than Monica's and second best of the Girls by quite a margin.

So I'd pick Louisa, Chloe and Kiera but I think Rita will pick Louisa, Lauren and Monica.

If she drags it out as long as Nick did for the boys then it'll be a while.

She chooses:

Louisa | Lauren | Kiera

Well chosen! I did fear that Monica would have been put through because of the back story but I like the three Rita has gone for and they'll put on an excellent show, lasting well.

So that's it. We have the Top 12 for Live Shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment