Saturday 4 October 2014

Judges' Houses Pt 3 Simon and Sinitta nearly choose three Over 25s

Jay starts off as the stand-out from previous auditions. Fleur is someone we need reminding about and then there's Ben, Helen, Lizzie and, er, Stevi.

Stevi. Why is he here? Nonsense. I thought had worn off when he got past Bootcamp but to get into the last six made no sense whatsoever and I feel sorry for some guys that he left out. So let's see what he can do when he's seriously trying.

Jeez. I'm A Believer never sounded so bad. Awful and he does that awful dancing too. it would be criminal to put him through. OK, Louis could have him as one of those weird acts that get us all talking. Please, Simon, do not put him though. How did this happen? asks Sinitta, being the sensible one of the two for the first year. She is very much saying No to Stevi. I do hope she gets listened to or has Simon got some plan?

Lizzie Pattinson is pretty in an old-fashioned way. Now she needs a 'moment'. She's got a Country slant which no-one else has and I would say she should stand a chance but I can't see her winning this thing, just being a bit entertaining but not a lot. Neither seem to be voting for her. Oh dear. Maybe Stevi has one more vote than she does!

Helen is a nice young lady who has a very good voice and so far has performed fabulously. She does her version of I'd Rather Go Blind fairly well but not brilliantly. Maybe not that good in the camera lens yet but I would give her the 'best place so far' award. Neither Simon nor Sinitta were impressed.

That leaves everything to play for for the last three. I'd like to see Fleur make it as she has personality and is different. Jay will definitely get through. Ben? Looks like he could.

So here's Jay James. Everybody Hurts is a true classic and he makes a reasonable effort but not as good as he has been. Everyone is suffering this time. I felt he picked it up a bit as he went on and it was a lot better and, at least, something you wanted to work Disappointing, though, but maybe he did enough. I can see Simon getting everyone to do something else.

Fleur. She looks young. She's got experience and I am hoping that that helps her. so many others have suffered though nerves or not getting it right on the 'night'. Simon admits that he can't really remember her. No idea what she was singing. I think it was Bang Bang and, yes, she was cool and modern and can rap and also that was not an easy track but she remembered everything. Impressed, at last, even if it wasn't my sort of song. She's through.

Ben's a likeable chap. He was the van driver with the gravelly voice and he also has experience in pubs and clubs which will stand him in good stead. With A Little Help From My Friends is a great song for him and he is only a few bars in when it's obvious that he is #1 in this category. Maybe a bit old-fashioned and I don't know that everyone will want to buy his records but he is good, A definite Live Show act.

So my votes are Ben, Fleur and I fear that Stevi will get in for the ratings-fun thing. Hoping that he doesn't, I give it to Lizzie and Jay will get the wild card.

As the programme ends we're left not knowing who makes it, with Helen getting medical attention.

Update tomorrow night!



No comments:

Post a Comment