Sunday 5 October 2014

Judges' Houses Pt 4

As I'd expected, and I'm sure you had too, Ben's in Simon's Top 3. That makes good sense. Next we hear which of Stevi, Fleur and Lizzi make it. I'd say Fleur was a certainty like Ben but Stevi surely should not be there in the Live Shows. Thank goodness. He didn't. Lizzi missed out too and, yes, Fleur made it through. I thought Lizzi might have been included but perhaps she lacks that something special. Jay could have that, despite a poor effort at this last stage. Helen is good but I am not sure she'd come over so well on the live shows. Both could do well but each has disappointed. I feel one may still get in as the wild card so this isn't that big a deal. Jay is the choice he makes. 'He's a good guy', says Simon.

Last to be selected are the Girls, with Cheryl and Tiny Tempah deciding which to put through.

Lauren Platt is first to perform. Just 16 but that was a professional and accurate job that she did on the beach with just a piano playing for her. Really good. The others need to go some to beat that. Far better than every one of the Over 25s.

Kerriannne doesn't quite look the part but has done well so far. Here she is a bit tinny and less impressive than Lauren by a long way. I'd say she didn't do enough.

Chloe Jasmine is the slightly strange one. How she nearly didn't get to Judges' Houses I can only put down to production team ideas to boost excitement. She has fabulous talent. She performs with every inch of her body and, as I have said before, the stage and camera love her. X Factor? Yes she has it but for these shows? I can't make my mind up.

Here's Stephanie. For some reason I had her as a certainty. That was a sweet audition. Cute girl, very attractive and different to many others. This is a difficult category to get through in!

Emily is confident and what a good performance she puts in with Story Of My Life. Puts in lots of effort and Tiny says she's his favourite.

Lola is looking a lot better than she was at the Boot Camp stage. She was lucky to get through so needs to do very well to survive. She came across extremely well to me. A perfect song for her. All Of Me is not necessarily that easy. Possibly the most emotional of all of them. Chloe sort of acted. Lola was real.

So, choosing will be hell. I'd choose Stephanie, Lola and Lauren. Chloe I would give a contract to and send her to the stage shows in the West End and an album or two. She'll do well regardless. Emily ought to be there too and either she or Lauren will get the wild card that no-one has officially told us about yet. I hope the rumours about that are true. Well, as long as that doesn't bring Stevi in at any rate!

This will be a tearful ride for the next quarter of an hour.

Chloe and Emily are first to hear the news. It's no to Emily and Cheryl makes a big decision and takes Chloe through. That's cool. Kerrianne and Lauren next. It'll be one of these and It's Lauren. That's good too. The problem is having to choose between Stephanie and Lola. I would want to see both in so it'll be a big disappointment for one of them. Stephanie makes it. You have to feel sorry for Lola.

But, maybe all is not lost as Peter Dickson announces that our 'Wild Cards' will be revealed next week in the first Live Show. Clearly someone out there knows already. But it's being kept secret well.




No comments:

Post a Comment