Sunday 13 November 2016

Just 6 through. Simon loses one of the best.

The sing-a-long this week was an interesting performance of Rise Up with just Saara, Sam , Emily, Matt and one of 5AM to the fore. Mainly Saara, to be honest. The others were sort of in the background.

Safe tonight should be Saara and Sam. I'd predicted Ryan and Emily in trouble but I am wondering whether Emily's fans are sufficient to knock someone else into the Bottom Two. It ought to be Honey G and this week will be a good indication of whether she has real support out there or not. Beating someone like Matt or 5AM - on Disco Night - now that would say something.

Another fear is that Sam fails again to connect and falls in with Ryan. That she'd survive but, horror or horrors, it's her and Emily singing off. Now that would be the worst outcome of all. This reminds me a bit of the week when James Arthur was in the sing-off with Ella.

All will be revealed in a few minutes when a very tedious ex-lead singer of Wanted finishes his very boring new single. That is something no-one will remember in years to come. Nathan Sykes. Not a name to remember.

Dermot tells us that the two acts at the top of the voting had never been at the top before. I am guessing that one is Honey G. The other might be 5AM or Saara? We won't know for a while but, whatever the case, it bodes ill for someone we would expect to have flown through to the Top 6. It really is Ryan going home. I cannot see any other feasible outcome unless by some strange affair he gets 5th place.

Saara.
Matt.
5AM.
Honey G.
So it is either one of the girls and Ryan as I had suspected or the disaster of the two girls against each other.

Olly Murs and Christmas adverts have to entertain us for about 15 minutes first.

So who is the 5th lucky safe one?

Emily.

So it's Sam v Ryan.

Sam is first to sing. After Simon's ridiculous choice of Gloria Gaynor yesterday, she needs a good song this evening. No More Drama is one strong song that she handles pretty well. It wasn't perfect. She seemed nervous and I wasn't as convinced as I hoped I'd be.

Ryan picks a better known song in Stars. He does a good job of this too. It isn't as obvious as I'd expected.

It's in Louis and Sharon's hands. I reckon it will be the public vote.

Louis saves Sam. Sharon takes it to deadlock.

Sam got the fewest votes. That was a surprise. I thought she has been consistently good. Ryan has been consistently average. But there you go. Disappointing. I saw her as a potential winner.





No comments:

Post a Comment